The TURKPA Secretariat is the authority located in the capital of the Republic of Azerbaijan Baku city and has the status of international organization.
The TURKPA main goals:
• Assistance in development of political dialoque between the countries by means of parliamentary diplomacy as the qualitatively new stage of inter-parliamentary cooperation;
• Harmonization of the legislations and strengthening mutual activities with regard to other issues relating to the parliamentary cooperation on the basis of historical, cultural, and language unity;
• Assistance in development of solidity of mutually advantageous and equal cooperation between the turkic speaking nations and countries of other regions;
• Recommendation on approximation of legislations of the countries, including legislation on preservation and transfer to the future generations of cultural heritage and values of history, art, literature and other areas which are of importance for Turkic countries;
• Assistance in development of political, socio-economic, cultural, humanitarian, legal, and other relations among the parties;
The Parliamentary Assembly of Turkic-speaking Countries selected as its primary goals the principles of independence; sovereignty; territorial and state boundaries integrity; legal equity; mutual respect grounded on the principle of non-interference in internal affairs of each other; strengthening of political and economic security of the countries on the grounds of refrainment from threat or use of force or economic or any other pressure; growth of national prosperity by means of full and rational use of natural resources; endevour to the new progress in the sphere of parliamentary diplomacy, establishment of new relations and development of the existing ones with parliaments and other international organizations of the countries in the region and all over the world.